We all want something to nibble on between meals from time to time, but it's still important to ensure they're healthy. Check out our great snack ideas...
1. Apple wedges are a delicious and healthy treat. Apples are a great source of fibre and vitamin C. Add Peanut Butter to your wedges for some extra protein and natural fat.
2. Make a fruit salad with your favourite fruits then top. Berries are a low carbohydrate fruit to add to your fruit salad. Add a good quality greek yoghurt (no-added sugars) and crushed nuts and seeds for your digestive and immune health.
3. Protein balls make a perfect snack when you're on the run. Use healthy and high protein foods such as seeds, nuts, dried fruit, cacoa nibs, shredded coconut and protein powder, to your food processor and pulse until well combined
4. Try some hummus with vegie sticks (carrot, celery, capsicum, zucchini or broccoli). Hummus makes a super healthy snack which contains high levels of B vitamins, to provide you with energy and protein to build and repair the body.
5. Make yourself a delicious high protein smoothie using nutritious ingredients like almond milk, yoghurt, berries, chia seeds and acai.
6. Top a rice cake with ricotta cheese, tomato, avocado or turkey. This will provide you with protein to help keep you full for longer.
7. You can’t beat a trail mix for a quick and easy, healthy snack on the go. Mix raw unsalted almonds, cashews, seeds, dried fruits and goji berries. You can add some dark chocolate pieces for an added treat.
8. Vegetable juices make for an excellent and nutritious snack. Use ingredients like carrot, beetroot, celery, spinach, mint, apple, grapefruit or lemon, which are rich in important nutrients.
9. Hard boiled eggs as one egg has around 70 calories and is packed with six grams of protein.
10. Peanut butter and celery this snack has the magic combination of fibre, protein and fat