A few of you have asked for our famous Minestrone Soup Recipe so here it is...
Please note I change my minestrone soup every time I cook it to keep it fresh, different and always enjoyable to eat!
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 bacon rashers, rind removed and roughly chopped (optional)
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1L Beef stock
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained (I also sometimes use
- 400g can whole tomatoes (sometimes I use chopped canned tomatos)
- 1 cup fusilli pasta, spaghetti or penne
- Other vegies I add to my minestrone are zuchinni, capsicum, kale, fresh cherry tomatos and spinach
- Salt pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley (optional)
- Step 1
Place the onion, bacon, carrots, celery, potato and garlic in a large saucepan and stir to combine. Cook over high heat, uncovered, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add any other vegetables you might want to here...
- Step 2
Add the beef stock, beans and canned tomatoes to your pot, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Step 3
Increase heat to high. Add pasta and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente. Season with salt and pepper. If your adding spinach or kale to your miestrone, add them now and let them cook for a couple minutes.
- Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with parsley and parmesan.
- Serve and enjoy! :)