15/11/2016 9:06 PM
5 Health and Wellness Tips from Yvette Le Blowitz aka Spa it Girl, Australia’s Active Living Blogger
1. Exercise to feel good instead of just for weight loss, or body shape. Focus on how exercising makes you feel especially when those happy feel good endorphins kick in. Make working out a social thing and catch up with your friends at the gym or a yoga class as spending time with others also makes you feel good and is a great motivator to turning up to exercise when you sometimes can’t be both...Read More
15/11/2016 8:53 PM
Top 3 tips to staying motivated by Carly Nichols.
“Summer bodies are made in winter” I cannot count how many times that has been said to me and how many times I’ve seen it on social media accounts.
But yes its true!!
So how do you stay motivated to get fit and healthy without loosing your mind?
Tip 1. Take progress photos
I know it can be daunting standing there whilst someone takes photos, or you do it yourself. But whenever I’m starting to feel too lazy to go. I look at the old photos and compare ...Read More
15/11/2016 8:50 PM
My all time favorite purchases by Carly Nichols
I have brought a few staple pieces from SIX30 and I have never been disappointed at the service, quality and usability of their products. So I thought I would share a few of my all time favorites.
One of my favorite purchases is the midnight mesh crop.
It’s difficult to get your head around having a product that is super supportive but also so comfortable you forget you’re wearing it. This is what the midnight mesh crop top does.
Usually I will do a S...Read More
21/08/2016 8:21 PM
Prevention of DVT’s with Compression Wear When Flying
What is a DVT?
Deep vein thrombosis in the legs is basically a blood clot often caused by poor circulation causing the blood to form a clot. Often they are caused in hospital patients post operatively as they are resting in bed and not mobilising as much as normal. The other common time is with flying especially on long haul flights where people don’t get up and move about.
Signs & Symptoms
Symptoms can vary from none to pain and swelling in the ...
16/08/2016 8:43 PM
The secrets of fit people
by Emma from Pilates Wellness Australia
So you may think that some people are just blessed with the exercise gene, however this really couldn’t be further from the truth. What is true however is the level of understanding fit people have around the importance of exercise to their health and overall emotional wellbeing.
So what is it that separates fit people from the rest?
They make exercise a habit
Fit people know that regular exercise makes them more productive and impro...Read More
15/08/2016 8:20 PM
A few of you have asked for our famous Minestrone Soup Recipe so here it is...
Please note I change my minestrone soup every time I cook it to keep it fresh, different and always enjoyable to eat!
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 bacon rashers, rind removed and roughly chopped (optional)
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1L Beef stock
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained (I also sometimes use
- 400g can whole tomato...
14/08/2016 9:17 AM
Do you ever wonder why models and celebrities alike favour Pilates? Part of the reason is that Pilates improves posture, which not only improves the way you look; it also gives you a sense of presence.
Pilates teaches you an awareness of your body, which can improve your alignment and posture outside of classes.
Regular Pilates practice provides you with greater awareness of your posture, support with developing muscle tone to provide asymmetry and balance in your body and improves your overall c...Read More
27/07/2016 7:51 PM
5 Health and Wellness Tips from Yvette Le Blowitz aka Spa it Girl - Australia’s Active Living Blogger
1. Exercise to feel good instead of just for weight loss, or body shape. Focus on how exercising makes you feel especially when those happy feel good endorphins kick in. Make working out a social thing and catch up with your friends at the gym or a yoga class as spending time with others also makes you feel good and is a great motivator to turning up to exercise when you sometimes can’t be bother...Read More
22/05/2016 7:36 PM
My top 5 workouts
By Carly Nichols
When it comes to a successful workout, there is nothing more satisfying than feeling a burn throughout and after the workout. My workouts consist of circuit training. The next five exercises are ones that I like to incorporate into my workouts as many times a week as I can.
The five best workouts that I most enjoy are;
- Box jumps:
For this exercise I usually work 45 seconds followed by a 10 seconds rest. The jump is 24 inches for the first two rounds whilst the last...Read More